10.31.2011

Just a Little Patience, Yeah

These past few weeks of exploration have brought about some revelations about myself. Some that are kind of cool, and some that are kind of embarrassing.

Patience has never been a strong suit with me. I expect too much right away. Living in an era where instant gratification is the norm has only exacerbated this problem. 
I always feel a little bummed when any of my creative output is met with a tepid reaction. But I thought about it and guess what? I've never really put in the grunt work. I still have a lot to learn. One thing I've been contemplating is going back to school. I thought I was finished, but I've come to realize I'm far from being finished. This whole exploration phase of mine might not be complete until I've really had a well-rounded education. Now, for various reasons, being a full-time student is not currently an option. This might have to be done one class at a time. This is going to take baby steps, tenacity, and (duh!) patience.

I haven't got all the details sorted yet, but when I do I'll definitely update about it. Like I said...baby steps. 

P.S. And in keeping with my recent GN'R kick here's (what else?) Patience! ...Um, YOU'RE WELCOME!

2 comments:

marmarvintage said...

I could never be a full time student again. It would drive me , crazy.
Patience is the key for both of us. Honestly I feel like good things are coming toward our way.

Michelle said...

Yay for positive thinking! :)