
A few days ago I felt like buying some music and I headed over to Rhino Records. I didn’t feel like spending too much money so I mainly rummaged through the $2.99 vinyl section of the store. Now there’s not a ton of great finds in that section, BUT I stumbled upon a precious piece of treasure that day: the 10-inch self-titled EP from Klark Kent…a.k.a. Stewart Copeland a.k.a my biggest musical hero ever. $2.99? Umm, duh, YES, and thank you very much!
Around 1978 during the early days of The Police, Copeland recorded a bunch of solo tracks (playing every instrument, I might add) and released the EP under the pseudonymn Klark Kent. The result is a mixture of rock, new wave, pop, and punk with the added delight of Stewart’s often humorous lyrics and his just-slightly-off vocals. I adore his contributions to Police records (see: "On Any Other Day" and "Does Everyone Stare" from Reggatta de Blanc for starters) and I always wanted to hear more from him on his own. So finding the Klark Kent EP? Absolute serendipity! For the price, it was such a steal. And a great showcase of the genius that is Stewart Copeland!
Wanna hear/see for yourself?
No comments:
Post a Comment