10.04.2011

We Hang Fire

Well, the safety net is gone. I recently stepped back from something I'd been a part of for nearly five years. Was I secure there? Yes. Was I happy? No. Ultimately I had to make the decision to A) either stay yet another year and continue to kick myself over all of the what ifs or B) step out on my own and, on my terms, try to find the path that works for me. 
So, why "Hang Fire"? The expression typically translates to a delay in progress or action, which seems an accurate description of where I am at the moment. And I don't mean this in the casual, lazy sense of delay in action. I will be turning 27 years old this December. You'd think that I'd have everything figured out at this point in my life, yeah? Not so much. But I'm working on it.
I know what interests me and what I like to do. I have a voracious appetite for music, both listening and playing (I play the drums. Most people don't know that). I take photos. I read a lot. I write a lot. And this is the time to explore this all (and maybe fuck up a little bit in the process, but hopefully not too much) before I am able to define my own road.

No comments: