1.18.2012

Sick Day

I'm kinda late with this post, but being stuck at home from feeling under the weather does give me a chance for a little update.

Thanks to the holidays, I acquired some pretty cool goodies. Some were gifts from others, and some were gifts from myself. These are my two favorites:



1. Pebbles. Volume 18. The Continent Lashes Back! European Garage Rock.
If you're ever curious about the amazing music you hear in a record store while you're browsing, ALWAYS ask an employee what it is that they're playing. If I hadn't done just that I wouldn't have scored this find. I was able to purchase it right off the store's turntable. A sixteen track compilation of raw, bad-ass 60's era garage rock. It's been spinning on my record player nearly every day since I got it. Love.

2. Zildjian. Taylor Hawkins Signature Drumsticks.
My mom got me a small variety of drumsticks as stocking stuffers, which I'm grateful for since I've been wanting to try out different kinds. So far, these are my favorite. Heavier than what I'm used to, but I've fallen in love with the full, rich sound they give me on my kit. LOVE.

No comments: